Joining the Warrnambool Library is free and simple to do. Library Membership gives you access to all library resources, including physical and digital collections, events and services.
You’ll need to visit the library in order to join and bring with you photo ID and proof of current residential address, and to agree to our Membership Terms and Conditions below. You’ll be issued a library card and can get started straight away.
If you’re under 18 years of age, you’ll need a parent or guardian to show proof of current address and agree to our terms and conditions on your behalf. If you are under 18 and living independently, please bring proof of residential address, as per the adult membership.
If you don’t yet have proof of a permanent address, please speak to staff and we will make arrangements for you to join under a limited membership.
You may wish to have a digital-only membership. Digital Membership gives you access to our electronic services and resources, such as ebooks, e-audio books, online magazines and newspapers.
Simply complete the library membership form online by clicking here and you will be issued with a library member number that will allow you to set up your eborrowing.
Membership Terms and Conditions
- Members agree to be responsible for all library materials borrowed and will reimburse the Warrnambool Library for the cost of any loss or damage to these materials.
- Members are required to advise library staff as soon as possible of any changes in membership details or loss of library card. Replacement cards are available for a nominal fee.
- Parents and guardians are responsible for their children's selections and use of library materials and services, including access to the Internet.
- Members must comply with the conditions of the Copyright Act 1968.
- Members agree to pay to Warrnambool Library relevant fees and charges associated with the use of library facilities, materials and services. Suspension of privileges will occur if amount owing on membership exceeds $50.00.
- Library cards are not transferable.
- Local laws (insert link) apply within the Warrnambool Library including any government directives on covid restrictions.
The Membership Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice.